Green Building Apartment Attributes
- Phase One building (6895) reduces energy use by 19% as compared to the minimum code compliant building (ASHRAE 90.1-2004) at time of permit application and will save an overall estimated $79,706 in annual utility costs. Phase Two buildings (6835, 6855, 6875) will reduce energy use by 10.4% as compared to more stringent code requirements (ASHRAE 90.1-2010) at time of permit application and will save an overall estimated $54,365 in annual utility costs.
- Heat island mitigation with 100% underground parking, reduced hardscape/surface paving, five vegetation zones and cool roof surfaces.
- 28% reduced indoor water use as compared to baseline plumbing fixture flush and flow rates and will save 4,512 gallons of water per day.
- Resident recycling with two pull-out bins under each kitchen sink. Each floor level has a centrally located refuse room with recycling and trash chutes.
- 100% of finishes including paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants, flooring and insulation exceeds the IgCC 85% threshold for VOC and formaldehyde limits, thereby contributing to a healthy indoor environment.
- Direct access to existing bus route and within walking distance of shopping mall and Scottsdale waterfront (¼ mile of more than 20 diverse uses and services).
- Vegetated open space courtyards, floor to ceiling windows, and vegetated terraces provide a connection to nature that fosters environmental benefits relative to air quality, sound mitigation, stress reduction, and well-being.
- Active design elements promote physical activity and a healthy lifestyle including a pedestrian circulation system with connections to interior courtyards and multiple open stairways to lower level courtyards with access to mixed uses and a fitness center with views to the outdoors.